ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching & Mentoring
The ILM’s Level 5 Certificate in Coaching & Mentoring qualification aims to provide practising managers with the knowledge, skills and confidence to perform effectively as management coaches or mentors and to gain an awareness and practical ideas of how to successfully introduce coaching into the workplace.
This powerful and very practical programme uses up-to-the minute research, tools and techniques to develop the twin themes of individual coaching competence and coaching in an organisational context. Explores the management of coaching as well as developing the skills, confidence and competence of those coaching at a managerial level.
Who is it for? Typically, this coach qualification programme delivers practical benefits for:
- Middle managers who are regularly coaching/ mentoring as part of their everyday management activity;
- HR/ OD/ L&D professionals who regularly coach line managers and/ or are seeking to introduce coaching programmes and develop a coaching culture within the organisation;
- Independent consultants who are coaching/ will be coaching at middle-management level within organisations and who require validation of skills;
- Experienced first-line managers who may be “stepping up” into a middle-management role where coaching will form part of their everyday management activity.
This Level 5 qualification is broadly comparable academically with Year 2 of a 3-year degree programme and our programmes feature the latest (September 2012) ILM curriculum.
Programme overview: Pragmatic and time-efficient, participants are required to attend/ complete:
- 6-days of tutor-led workshops (3 x 2-day modules) plus telephone tutorials:
- 12 hours practical coaching – assessed via a coaching diary/ reflective notes
- Work-based assignment (case for coaching in an organisational context)
Student testimonials: Our students are our greatest advocates; please contact us for references.
- “Went way beyond my expectations – fantastic materials and tutors whose active coaching experience and commitment to our study gave enormous value-adds.”
- “Superb programme and an amazing group of delegates – the ROI is immeasurable.”
- "So engaging - discussions were incredibly valuable and wide-ranging. Fantastic programme."
When and where? Our open programmes are held every autumn at Warwick University Conference Centre, Coventry, West Midlands.
Autumn 2013 dates: Now open for applications.
Module 1: October 22nd-23rd
Module 2: November 19th-20th
Module 3: January 21st-22nd (2014)
Access to this programme is strictly via application ; click here to access online form.
More info: Click here for open programme brochure (including fees). Our L5 Certificate programme is also available on an in-company basis, subject to availability. Call 07919 006607 to speak to Jane Harders, Lead Tutor.
Jane is an accomplished facilitator with clear command of her subject.
D.B. ILM L5 student